Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 90 - 18 Reasons



This was so San Francisco.  Sustaining, ecological, decomposing, thriving, nourishing.  18 Reasons is a non-profit gallery and event space, founded by Bi-Rite Market around the corner.  Its purpose is to blend art, community and food and to encourage the idea to think of life as a system.  There are all kinds of demonstrations, dinners, tastings, workshops and events, 3 to 5 days a week.  The day I was there the theme was 'Lunch to Dye For, Edible Dyes Intensive with Lunch'.  Well, I was impressed.  I didn't stay to learn how you can make dyes from vegetables and turn them into textiles but I'm all about their ideas of swapping home cooked meals with others in the community or baking the same things as others and talking about them.  I made a donation and hope to, as they say, "deepen my relationship with food and create a just and sustainable food system."

The market that founded 18 Reasons

Beautiful produce at the Bi-Rite Market

No comments:

Post a Comment